Wednesday 5 February 2014

Love is in the air....

I decided to do a "calendar" mantel for 2014.  I started with January
Now onto February, of course it being the month for lovers and chocolate, here is our February mantel.
I really "Love" our mantel.  The first thing I see when I look at it, is the "big" chocolate bar.  I saw this on pinterest a Faux chocolate bar, the instructions are there, I improvised my version, I used what I had around the house, I think my turned out great, and I can also use it for Easter.
The next thing I added was the cone trees. I made a couple of them with foam hearts and the big one, (see in the above picture), I wrapped twine around, added valentine garland to it.
My "LOVE" sign was a find at our local dollar store a couple of years ago.  It's a great focal point in the middle.  I added some paper straws to pull in the candy theme and placed behind the faux chocolate bar, just a little finishing touch. Although, you can't see in the picture, there are lights behind, wrapped with a black boa scarf, found in my halloween stash, dual use, gotta love it. This mantel has been fun decorating, stay tuned for March.



No comments:

Post a Comment